This unique and patent-protected concept commenced development by the team at CombiTile® in 2016 in recognition of a need in the playground surfacing market.
The surfacing product used for attenuation in play areas must comply with standards such as AS4422:2016 in Australia, ASTMF1292 in the USA and EN1176-2008 in Europe.
These standards reflect the safe fall height required by various surfacing products including artificial grass, troweled SBR, rubber matting and loose fill. The CombiFlex and CombiLock products have all achieved certification under these critical fall height standards. CombiLock has also achieved certification under ASNZ4586 – Appendix C Wet-Barefoot Inclining Platform Test.
The CombiTile products are critical fall height tested and certified, recyclable, durable, UV stabilsied, chlorine resistant, contain no VOCs, are lightweight and durable with a 5 year product warranty and are insured for public liability and product integrity.
They are repositionable, lightweight, can be installed in all but the worst of weather conditions. They require no harmful adhesives and solvents that are a danger to the health of the play area users and installers. And they pose no threat to the environment.
The Solution – CombiTile®
The CombiTile® System addresses the majority of the problems identified.
- Critical fall height of 2.7m tested under synthetic grass ASNZ4422;
- Easy InstallationIn all weather conditions!
- Attenuation & drainage in one;
- Cost effective, cheaper than most attenuating systemsWeighs up to 12% of equivalent weight of SBR to achieve the same CFH
- Long lasting5 year product warranty when installed using CombiTile Installation Guidelines
- Simple to repair if requiredCombiFlex tiles are easily interchanged, moved or cut including curves
- Under loose fill applications is easier to maintain, keep clean and offers permanent attenuating properties;
- Ideal for both dry and wet playgrounds
- Lightweight, stackable, inexpensive to transportCombiFlex has recorded CFH tests consistent to readings of 3 years earlier
- In artificial grass applications – good drainage, cleaner surface and increased longevity; Fill, such as sand, or rubber crumb, is optional with CombiFlex system; If fill is preferred and eventually consolidates, shock attenuating properties are maintained;
- The CombiFlex system allows pre-determined shock attenuating properties;
- Will reduce sport-related injuriesincluding head injurieswhen installed using CombiTile Installation Guidelines